I often wish it were possible to see the stars from the city. Yes, I know we can see some of them, mainly Venus and a few others dotted around the black canvas above us, but I'd love to see all of them in their full glory. What with all the light pollution as well as general pollution emitting from industrial locations, it's nigh on possible to achieve this aim when in towns and cities.
It must be wonderful to live in the wilds of the countryside and have the opportunity to view the stars in all their splendour whenever one is blessed with a clear night's sky and dry weather. The next time I'm in the country, for whatever reason, I'm going to camp out under the stars. I won't even care if I'm freezing cold - that's what blankets are for, right? - as long as I can feast on all the wonder that the galaxy has to offer my hungry eyes.
And on that nerdy note, I bid you good night.
No comments:
Post a Comment