Of course, for some of us, being trapped inside a stuffy building - I had a lecture in a room with windows which seemingly do not open - for a while had to be endured, but I found it was more than worth it when I stepped out into the sun again.I love days when it's very sunny and warm, but there is still a slight breeze in the air. It doesn't get oppressively hot - why would it? We are in Scotland after all! - but it's still gorgeous. Even if it were dull the next morning and not as warm the next day, just that glimmer of hope that spring, and then summer, are on their way is enough for me to persevere through whichever random weather fronts decide to spring - see what I did there? - up between now and June, when we will hopefully be fully enamoured of summer.
Rain, hail, sleet, snow, gales? Anything can happen. As I said before, it is Scotland. ;)
P.S. It's sunny again today. Consistency at last.....? :)
*Quotation from D.H. Lawrence's "The Enkindled Spring"
*Image credit: "Spring Sun" by NiAnluain
No comments:
Post a Comment